May 15, 2012

Hedgehog Printing

Whilst waiting for my previous designs to return for proofing I thought I'd play around with some designs for children. Today's image is of a hedgehog which I see as being a very popular character for kids this year.

STEP 1: Drawing the Design
My baby hedgehog is curled up in a ball. I played around with some designs until I decided on this one.

STEP 2: Cutting the Design
At this point my husband questions whether I'm planning to scare the children hmmmmmm.... that's not my intention.
Final cut

STEP 3: Printing the Design












I'm definitely happy with the final image. Now to work out a placement on fabric. My test strip will work well for a patchwork quilt and cushion covers.  

What do you think this print would look great on?











No comments:

Post a Comment