June 10, 2012

DINNER PARTY

PLAYING WITH REPEATS POSES A CHALLENGE.......BRING IT ON


I had the pleasure of creating something special for my friend, Joanne, for her birthday today. What do you give someone who tends to buy what they need when they need it???? Something special from the heart.

This organic design has been swimming around my head for some time now in many different formats until I had a dream.... lately my dreams have been very descriptive and visual and have created masterpieces which I then struggle to remember when my eyes open.

I wanted to do a print that was large (using up the entire space of my screen) but posed the problem of having to tape together 4 pieces of Easy Cut to achieve such a size. Long story short is that my repeat didn't quite 'repeat'. "Must practice this more"...... I had to do some hand painted adjustments after screening the print to fix the errors.

The final product looks great but I encountered the following:
* Need a bigger bloody table to screen on!!! ha ha ha
* Need to perfect the repeat on this particular design
* Must use a lot more ink (using a small tub just doesn't cut it)
* When mixing white to a colour make sure its not thick like jelly as it just doesn't mix well and causes white marks when printing.

PEBBLE STREAM TABLE RUNNER & NAPKINS

The final product is a 1.8m table runner and 8 napkins. Purple on 100% linen.
Happy Birthday Jo!

No comments:

Post a Comment