May 26, 2013

PERSONALISING YOUR CREATIVITY

Wow, its certainly been a while since I last posted. This year has been very demanding, and totally awesome!!!!
"So what have I been up to?" you ask........

WILD ONES MARKET
I have recently attended my third Wild Ones Market show casing my fabrics and wares. This has been a very successful networking opportunity and an amazing market to find gorgeous, talented and extremely artistic people, and the like, in the world of Handmade! So much so that I was invited by Hazelhurst Gallery, Gymea (where the markets are held) to supply my wares to their Gallery Shop. So honored!!! 



UMBRELLA PRINTS COMPETITION
I recently entered the Umbrella Prints Fabric Competition. Umbrella Prints is an amazing hand screen printed fabric company with gorgeous designs. I purchased two fabric packs (in case I stuffed up the first....) and decided after much deliberation to design my latest product 'Photo Bunting'.

Using the Umbrella Prints fabric I sewed the bunting flag edges. I backed the flags with a linen fabric matching the weight of the feature fabrics and used a clear plastic sheeting to form the 'see through' portion of the photo. It was all trial an error and I have learned a lot from the process. I would love to hear your feedback on my new Photo Bunting.

I will soon be making these using my own fabrics so keep an eye out for them in the near future.



MAKING SOFTIES
I'm a big kid at heart and often live vicariously through my children. My latest creative task was to design a softie for my youngest daughter, Mia. She is a stickler for Owls..... and so am I (just not so borderline crazy like Nina in Offspring). Soooooo, I put together an idea, drew up a pattern and using cute fabric scraps from some of my favourite designers (@Saffron Craig, @Daisy Janie) I whipped up Miss Owly. These are available for sale upon request.



No comments:

Post a Comment